Wednesday, January 28, 2009

TODAY

Today is Alec's 14th birthday. Boy time goes by fast.

Thursday the 15th, I went for a glucose screening test. I failed. But not by much, one number was only 1 over and the other was only 2 or 3 over. So, I technically have a diagnosis of Gestational Diabetes. I went to the doctor today and he said that all of the stress that I went through could have been a factor, but we will keep an eye on it. I will have to test my blood 4 times a day and see if things stay in a good range. But on the bright side - I will get another ultrasound to see my baby. The doctor also thinks April 8 is a doable day for delivery. So that is only 10 weeks from today.

Oh, and I lost another pound. I had gained 3.75 lbs and have now lost 1.50 lbs. I am up 2.25 lbs right now. So, I think I am going to come out of this weighing less than when I went in. AND NO - I AM NOT TRYING TO LOSE. I just can't eat too much, I get full really fast. The doctor isn't worried because of my size when I got pregnant, I had some to spare. So, everything looks good. She had a heartbeat of 150 today. It was good and strong.

On another note, a friend of mine lost her baby. She was about a month behind me and when she went to her appointment, they found that her heart had stopped beating. She has to go in today and deliver her daughter, who passed away at about 5.5 to 6 months gestation. Please keep her in your prayers. I can't even imagine what she is going through. I am so thankful everytime I feel my little one kick.

Have a great day!

No comments: