Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wow! I thought 2009 was going to be a pretty good year....

Well, when it rains, it pours! That is all I can say. As I type this, I am sitting in Detroit at Childrens Hospital. Justin's shunt was having issues. We got here on Monday and they ran tests all day long. We got in a room at 6:00pm. Tuesday they took him into surgery and removed the shunt and externalized it so that it drains on the outside of his head. Apparently, with all of the tests, it showed that he had a psuedo cyst at the end of his shunt tubing. The fluid that was there is typically there because of an infection. So, they drained that and are culturing it to see if anything grows. The first initial result showed no infection, but we still have to wait 3-4 days to see what the other ones do.
Then if that isn't bad enough, our cat has gotten very ill while we were away. So, my husband is taking her to have her put to sleep. I feel bad that I am not there. She was more my cat than anyone else's.
I know they say things happen for a reason, but seriously, I think I have had enough this week. I tell you my week has really sucked!
Of course, I keep looking to God and of course, I don't want her to suffer until I get home, but that doesn't make it any easier. I know that Saira is going to be heartbroken. Alec handles everything, but I know that it bothers him.
Well, here are few pictures that I actually have on my laptop of our kitty Omega - rest in peace.



No comments: