Saturday, January 24, 2009

Man is it cold out there....

Good afternoon! It is a lovely crisp 12 degrees out today! Eww, I do not like cold weather. The prettiness of the snow has worn off. So there is nothing appealing to me right now. I am getting accustomed to the idea of moving. It still seems so far off, but yet it is only 3 months away. I know that being pregnant this time will drag, and being the coldest months of the year, this time will drag. But with so much to do - I think it is going to go by fast and I am going to have trouble getting everything done that I need to.

LOL Did that even make sense? I have started packing some of the stuff that we are taking that we don't use every day. I am going through and sorting out a lot of stuff that we are not taking with. I have thrown away a lot of stuff already. I have a couple of boxes of stuff that I am going to try to sell, and then some other stuff that I am just giving away. Selling stuff is turning out to be difficult, because everyone around this area is having just as tough of a time as we are - financially.

The kids are excited about moving. People are starting to find out more now. I know that it is inevitable but it is so hard to tell people. I had a couple people from church ask me if it were true. I it is so hard to tell them that it is. I am going to miss my church family. I know I will keep in touch as much as possible, since it is the electronic age and most people have email now.

We found a place to rent and they are willing to hold it rent free for two months. We will start renting in April. It is a 4 bedroom modular house, but it is on property not in a trailer park. It is going to be so much smaller than what we are used to. It will be all on one level though and I think the boys will like that more. The boys will have 2 bedrooms to divide between the 3 of them. They can figure out how to make it work. They think they want to use one for a bedroom to sleep in and the other for their own living room. Saira will have a bedroom by herself until the baby gets bigger and moves in with her. Of course, Marty and I will have the master bedroom. And yeah!!!!! there will be 2 bathrooms again. That will be the best part. We have had only one for the last 2 years, and while that was doable - it will be nice to not have to wait or to have to go downstairs in the middle of the night to go potty. ( of course, I am the only one that gets up in the middle of the night - and not just because I am pregnant. I always get up in the middle of the night to go. It is just 2 or 3 times now instead of once.)

I think Rolex is going to have a hard time adjusting to the heat. With Marty being off work right now, he is feeding that poor dog so much that he is putting on a lot of weight. Hopefully, he will lose weight when we get down there, but I doubt that can happen until Marty goes back to work.

Speaking of work, Marty applied for his unemployment and calls in next week to get his first check. I hear that it is $360 a week max. I set it up for them to take taxes out because I didn't want to get in a bind next year at income tax time. So, I don't know how much we actually get. I know it is going to be hard to live on when he used to bring home quite a bit more than that. We will do what we can and keep our faith and keep praying that God will provide. We are getting his 401k and will pay 6 months rent in advance. That way it will give him time to find a job. Hopefully and prayerfully he will find a job that pays well enough for us to live on. Otherwise, I may have to go to work too. I still plan on homeschooling the boys. I am not sure about Saira, though. I have been looking into Montessori schools. I know that they could help her with her speech and her dyslexia. So, I am still praying about what the right choice is for her. Hopefully, Justin will take his GED before we leave Michigan and graduate. In Michigan you can do that at 16, but in New Mexico you can do that until 18. It would be nice if he were done with school before we leave.

My mom and dad are excited for us to be moving near them. They are glad that they aren't going to miss out on this baby growing up.

I guess I should get busy. I will probably start updating this a little more regularly now - and especially after we move. I think this will be a great way to keep in touch with everyone.

Hmm, I think I will get around to cutting the boys hair tonight. They need it.

God Bless,
Kathi

No comments: