Wednesday, April 22, 2009

We are on our way!

We left Michigan today to start our new chapter in our life. We made it into Illinois, where we are spending the night. We are about an hour from the Iowa line. It was difficult to leave all of our friends and family behind. A few people did show up at our house before we left and that was hard to say the least.
Maggie did very well for the first day of her cross country journey. Having her here is amazing. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about being a 'new mom' again after so many years, but it is as awesome this time as it has been every other time. I just can't believe how much I love I feel for her.
The kids are all pretty excited still. They are happy that the weather is getting better and warmer the farther south we go. I think stopping to feed Maggie is giving them ample opportunity to stretch their legs and move around, so they don't get to sick of being in the car for so long.
Well, I better get to bed.....another big day of driving tomorrow.
Thank you for all of the prayers and well wishes. Please pray for safe travel!


Sunday, April 19, 2009

Baptism today!!!

I will post pictures and write when we get back from church. What a beautiful day for a baptism!

It was a bittersweet day! We got to have Maggie baptized and had to say goodbye to our friends at church. I should say family more than friends. Here are a couple of pictures as promised.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Easter Present!! Margarita Kathaleen - Maggie - 8lbs 7oz and 22 inches long!

She was born at 6:41am on Easter morning. I couldn't have her baptized on Easter, but I got to have her!! She is absolutely perfect! She will be baptized this Sunday.

Have a blessed day!

Wednesday, April 8, 2009



I am letting you all know that our precious little girl will not be baptized at church this Sunday – because she has decided that it would be best to wait until next week to make her ‘debut’. They were not able to do the test this morning, so we have to wait until next week. The only way that she will be here before next week is if I go into labor naturally, I did already have one episode of false labor – so who knows? Thank you all for you prayers and keep them coming.


Monday, April 6, 2009

Oh my......

Justin is running a fairly high temp again. I don't know what to think or what is up. I am hesitant to start him on another round of antibiotics - unless really necessary. He isn't as bad as he was before. He is up and functioning, whereas before all he could do was lay in bed. I am trying to push fluids into him and tylenol. Please pray that we get this figured out or that he just gets better!

On the other hand, I am up at 2 in the morning because I am having contractions. I figure I will time them for awhile and if they seem to stay consistant or get closer together, then I will call the doctors office. So, only those of you that actually read this will know that it is a possibility right now.

My mom and dad made it in safely. They got here Saturday evening. The kids were really excited to see them. It is nice seeing them again.

It also makes me realize that our big move is just around the corner. As excited as I am, it also makes me sad to be leaving so many people behind.

Please pray for Justin to get better, and then me to have a safe and uncomplicated delivery (whether that is today or tomorrow).

Thank you and God Bless,

Saturday, April 4, 2009


My mom and dad should be here this evening. It will be good to see them. We are really getting close to the countdown for everything now.
Wednesday, I go to have the babies lungs checked, if they are good, then she will be delivered that night - hopefully. Now the doctor says that if she is still breach, he won't be able to check for lung maturity. Please pray that they can check. I really want her baptized on Easter! If they can't check then, she will be born the week after Easter and probably baptized that following weekend. So, now we have to wait and see just how stubborn she is! Of course, she is my daughter and well, that says enough. I have been having contractions for the last week, so maybe that is a sign that she is getting ready to make her debut!
We are down to less than 20 days until we move cross country. That is getting a little scary, exciting, happy, sad and just about every other emotion you can think of! We already have the truck reserved, so I am not going to change our date to move, regardless of when baby girl decides to make her appearance. I don't want to lose out on the good rate I got by reserving early. This trip is going to cost us quite a bit, but I truly believe it will be worth it in the end. God is good and he will provide and take care of us!
God Bless you all,