Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It is starting to sink in.....I think....

Wow, tomorrow will be 10 weeks until our little one comes along. That means about 12 weeks until we move cross country. We have already secured a place to live. That takes a big load off my mind. I know that we will have a roof over our heads. We have started selling some stuff that we don't plan to take with us. We have a lot more to go through. I have started going through tubs of stuff in the attic and weeding out anything that isn't absolutely necessary to take with us.
I called a lady from church that I am close to and explained to her what we were going to be doing. That was hard. She is so close to my family, but luckily she was very understanding. She did make it a little easier for me to tell her. I told another close friend, and she almost started crying. That was hard. She said she was trying not to, because she knew that would make it harder for me. She was right, I almost started crying. But these people are the ones in my life that I really connect with and it is going to be hard to leave them. That is the hardest part of leaving ~ my friends, and my church family. I really love them and saying good bye is going to be the hardest thing I have ever done. When I moved to Michigan 23 years ago, it was easier because I only had one friend and my family. My family will always be my family and we connect when we need to. Friends are the hardest because it is easy to grow apart when you don't see each other. I will be giving everyone my blog address before we go - so that we can keep in touch through this as well as email, phone and any other means possible. I don't want to lose my friends.

I still have a lot more people to tell. My husband on the other hand has been telling everyone. I have told some other friends and they are being pretty supportive. It will still be hard.

No comments: