Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Snow, snow, snow.......

Well, we woke up today to a driveway full of snow, probably about six inches. Snow is not one of my favorite things. Don't get me wrong, I think it is beautiful. It all looks so fresh and clean - until the plows go through ~ then it loses its appeal.
I am on the 6th day of no pop. Boy do I think about it and want it. I miss that taste. But I am determined to beat this stuff. I made some gluten free cornbread tonight to go with bean soup. It tasted really good. It didn't look as good as the regular cornbread I made for everyone except Alec and me. Right now I am getting ready to take a loaf of gluten free bread out of the oven. Alec has been doing gluten free for about 2 weeks now and he says he is feeling better than ever. It is funny because I have noticed that our tastes are changing. For example, Alec never used to like chili, or bean soup, or ham and now he is enjoying eating those things. He is eating stuff with more chopped up veggies in it. It is strange how things just taste better now. I did find out that I have to make chili from scratch. If you buy canned chili beans, there is wheat in them. So, I make it from scratch now and I put 3-4 types of beans in it. It is so good! My first clue about getting wheat is a headache. After that, the regular allergy stuff sets in.
One of the side effects is that I think I am losing weight, but I am afraid to get on scales to find out. I hope I am, I have tried for so long. But with my thyroid, aspartame, and wheat all fighting me, I think that is why it was so hard. I will see where I end up. Pray for me!

No comments: