Friday, January 18, 2008

Bits and pieces

Well, I usually end up writing because I feel strongly about something. This time I can't say that. I wanted to write - so I decided to see where it took me. I have been fighting a cold/bronchitis for about 3-4 weeks now. I just can't shake it. Even so, I feel better than I have in a long time. I haven't eaten wheat/gluten for about 3 months now. It is weird how much better I feel without eating it. It isn't that easy either. There are quite a few substitutes out there which is awesome, but it doesn't help when you walk through the grocery store seeing donuts and rolls. Oh do they look good! I am going strong on day 2 1/2 without pop or soda or whatever you want to call it. I was one of those diet coke addicts. I loved the taste of it. I even liked diet sprite or diet 7 up. But I think the aspartame isn't good for me. So, no more diet pop for me. Since I don't like regular pop then it is going to have to be no pop at all for me. The biggest side effect that I have noticed besides craving it - is how tired I am. I hope this will pass as my body becomes accustomed to no carbonation and caffeine and aspartame.
Okay, I am going to go for now. I will write again in a few days and see how I am doing with the whole pop thing.
Good night and God bless!

No comments: