Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Here's to a great ~ 2008!

Wow, did 2007 ever fly by. It seemed like a very short year to me. Of course, each year seems to be just a little shorter. (Is that an age thing? The older you get the faster time seems to go by?) I hope not. I know a week seems like forever to my daughter. We only have one birthday this month. My baby boy officially becomes a teenager. 13!?!?! That hardly seems possible. I remember when he was this cute little peanut. My puppy. That is what I used to call him. He made little whimpering puppy sounds when he was a baby. Now he has braces on his teeth ~ and it isn't such cute little noises that come out of him now. lol He has a quiet subtle sense of humor that gets me every time. He told me that his friends say we laugh too much. Is that a bad thing? I don't think so. Being able to laugh at everything - including ourselves is what keeps us real.
Talk about getting off track. 2007 wasn't anything like I intended it to be. I had plans but found out along the journey that God had different plans in mind for me. I was going to get a lot of yard work done and help my dad finish the attic. Instead I broke my foot. There were 2 months shot - doing only what I could. I did get my fire pit dug out and and blocks around it. It is nice to sit around that. My foot healed in time to get fall trimming done. My mom and dad were moving to Texas at the end of the summer. Instead they moved into my house. There was a chance that my mom had breast cancer. Praise God that it just turned out to be a cyst. Their move, instead of being canceled now is postponed until April. I love my parents but it is like having 2 more kids in the house. My mom can't get along with my middle son, (who incidentally has adhd, dyslexia, and who knows what else?)
I developed a deeper love for my husband this past year. We began to connect on a different level than we ever did before.
Both of my older boys got their braces off this year, one in March and one in December. My younger son got his on. My daughter doesn't need them yet.
We got another boxer - Zodiac, to go with our pug - Rolex, and our siamese kitty - Omega. Yes, there is a theme there. My husband collects watches. So, all of our pets end up with watch names.
2007 wasn't bad - it just wasn't what I had planned. Is it ever? So, here's to a great 2008 - whether it turns out how we have it planned or not.

No comments: