Wednesday, April 22, 2009

We are on our way!

We left Michigan today to start our new chapter in our life. We made it into Illinois, where we are spending the night. We are about an hour from the Iowa line. It was difficult to leave all of our friends and family behind. A few people did show up at our house before we left and that was hard to say the least.
Maggie did very well for the first day of her cross country journey. Having her here is amazing. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about being a 'new mom' again after so many years, but it is as awesome this time as it has been every other time. I just can't believe how much I love I feel for her.
The kids are all pretty excited still. They are happy that the weather is getting better and warmer the farther south we go. I think stopping to feed Maggie is giving them ample opportunity to stretch their legs and move around, so they don't get to sick of being in the car for so long.
Well, I better get to bed.....another big day of driving tomorrow.
Thank you for all of the prayers and well wishes. Please pray for safe travel!

love,
Kathi

No comments: